- It's all yours right now -- enjoy it! Once your wiki takes off, lots of people will read what you write. Right now, nobody's looking over your shoulder yet, so feel free to try things out and make mistakes.
- Make lots of short pages! The hardest thing about writing is looking at a blank page and not knowing where to start. It's a lot easier once you write down your first couple sentences. So take a deep breath, and jump in -- make ten really short pages, one right after another. Once you've started, you can build the pages up slowly, adding a little bit at a time.
- Link your pages together! Links help you and your readers get from one page to another, so whenever you mention the subject of another page, use the "Add a Link" button to make a link to that page. You should also use the front page to link to all of the most important pages on your wiki. Describe what your wiki is about on the main page, and include links to help your readers find their way around.
- Add pictures! A well-chosen picture can make a bland wiki page come to life. When you're writing a page, use the "Add a Picture" button to upload a picture from your computer onto the page.
- When you're ready -- tell your friends! Once you've started a bunch of pages, linked them together and added some pictures, you'll be ready to start showing off your wiki to the world. You probably know people who are interested in the same thing that you are, so tell your friends to check out your new site. Those are your first readers and potential contributors, so give them lots of encouragement.
If you get stuck, write to us through our contact form -- we're happy to help!
Have fun!-- sannse
I will definitely try to help out more. I've become quite a fan of Dominion and I think this wiki could really be beneficial...and fun! Deftonesjunkie3 00:27, February 14, 2010 (UTC)
I've uploaded all the card images so you can use them in individual pages. Time to call it a night! Take it easy. Deftonesjunkie3 02:12, February 14, 2010 (UTC)
Thanks! I was just bored at work and decided to just get the idea down. I was looking at other wiki's to get some ideas and I liked the M:tG wiki's front page. Clean and simple - really easy to find everything to access. I'll see if I can get around to it tonight.
Deftonesjunkie3 21:37, February 22, 2010 (UTC)